Bone Broth Farro and Lentil Bowls
Цей блог не був схвалений вашим місцевим відділом охорони здоров'я і не призначений для встановлення діагнозу, лікування або медичної консультації.
By C&J Nutrition
We love simple nutritious meals that lend themselves well to meal prep and this farro lentil bowl is one of them.
We batch-cooked farro (an ancient type of whole grain wheat with a nutty flavor and chewy texture) and lentils in bone broth (we used California Gold Nutrition Bone Broth UP, which is a powdered bone broth that also contains vitamin C and hyaluronic acid) to add an extra dose of protein, nutrients and rich flavor. The cooked grains and beans are paired with fresh tomatoes, tangy feta, basil and crunchy buttery walnuts. This bowl is summery and so simple to put together. Plus, all of the ingredients are so packed with nutrition that you'll feel energized and satisfied long after eating this.
Bone Broth Protein-Packed Farro, Lentil, and Walnut Bowls
Makes 4 bowls
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 scoops California Gold Nutrition Bone Broth UP, divided
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch dried rosemary
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped or crushed
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Place farro, 3 cups water, and 1 scoop of California Gold Nutrition Bone Broth UP in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until farro is tender - about 30 minutes.
- Place lentils in a medium saucepan with the remaining 3 cups of water, remaining scoop of California Gold Nutrition Bone Broth UP, tomato paste, garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and rosemary. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble bowls: Place a quarter of the farro in a dish. Top with a quarter of the lentils, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup feta and 1 tablespoon basil leaves.
- Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the bowl as a dressing, if desired.
- For a dairy-free version of this recipe, substitute avocado in place of feta cheese.