5 Health Benefits of Oats + A Protein Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
Цей блог не був схвалений вашим місцевим відділом охорони здоров'я і не призначений для встановлення діагнозу, лікування або медичної консультації.
Oats offer a wide range of proven health benefits and some registered dieticians even consider them to be a superfood. That's because there aren't many other foods that can top them in regard to overall nutritional value, fiber offered and calorie content. Oats are extremely low in calories, contain no salt unless added and are gluten-free. Read on to learn about the benefits of making oats a part of a weekly or daily meal planning routine.
1. Oats are Packed with Nutrition
Oats are absolutely loaded with vitamins and minerals. They're packed with manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1 and vitamin B5. Oats even contain moderate amounts of healthy plant-based protein.
2. Oats are Rich in Antioxidants
Most people are unaware of the fact that oats are a great source of antioxidants. These are compounds known to inhibit cellular damage and reduce the occurrence rates of some chronic diseases. One of the specific antioxidants contained in oats is called an avenanthramide, which is known to lower blood pressure.
3. Oats are Loaded With Fiber
Oats are absolutely filled with fiber, all of which is totally soluble. The fiber contained in them is called beta-glucan, a specific type of soluble fiber known for reducing blood sugar and insulin responses, encouraging the growth of healthy stomach bacteria, and lowering overall LDL cholesterol counts.
4. Oats Can Improve Skin Health
Oats are loaded with colloidal compounds, an essential building block for skin production. After just one week of regularly eating oatmeal, a person's skin could be far smoother and more hydrated than usual. This is no coincidence - it's all in the oats.
5. Oats Can Relieve Constipation
Anyone who suffers from light to moderate constipation should try eating oats. Oats contain a large amount of soluble fiber that is great at helping to relieve constipation and get the bowels functioning normally again.
Blueberry Banana Protein Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal
- 2 cups of cashew milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped banana
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/8 cup of protein powder
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of liquid vanilla extract
- Cook the oatmeal.
- Place all of the listed ingredients into the blender jar.
- Pulse the blender several times to break up the tougher ingredients. Next, place the blender on the highest speed setting and let it run for about two minutes.
- Test the consistency of the smoothie. If it is too thick, then blend in more cashew milk. If it is too thin, then blend in more oatmeal.
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy.
Feel free to use any protein powder of choice with this recipe. Plant-Based protein powder is highly recommended and compatible with this healthy smoothie recipe.