Possible Assistance for Sufferers of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Being a diabetic with this painful and debilitating condition I fortunately had a friend who sent me a medical article dealing with this product and its use in treating Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. I first found some locally (at a much more expensive price) and took it home and tried 1/4 tsp in juice at noon. And (True Story) by 2:00pm my neuropathy was GONE. I am amazed that more sufferers are not made aware of this product as it has the potential to work in over 90% of those tested thus far. Try it. It's worth a try. Seriously, my pain is Totally Gone.

excellent quality, price, and customer service!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I give this to my son as part of the "mitochondrial cocktail" to help with his mitochondrial disease. I've learned that this product is his "energy button". If he has "too much" energy, I can dial it down by lowering his carnitine dose. Too little energy is easily resolved by increasing his carnitine dose. It's awesome! As a mom of a medically disabled child, I've learned to trust Now foods products and iherb.com's service. They've both earned my loyalty.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Acetyl L-Carnitine is advanced form of L-Carnitine works much better than L-Carnitine. Acetyl L-Carnitine improves the immune system, energy production and weight loss by moving your fats to the mitochondria to product energy, is anti-aging by slowing the natural aging process, boosts the brain function and mental energy through numerous ways and shown to slow/reverse neurodegenerative diseases. It’s a powerful antioxidant that is fat and liquid soluble, meaning that it can easily reach most parts of the body, including crossing the blood brain barrier. Unlike most supplements, Acetyl L-Carntine shows its benefits, like better focus and sharpness almost instantly (usually within 1-2 hours). It’s also a good way to show supplement sceptics that supplement works and are impatient to wait for the long term benefits. The price is the most competitive as well.The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), normal size and easy to swallow. Personally, I find that I no longer have mental fog and can concentrate for a long time. I also find myself remembering names and things that I am suppose to have forgotten more than 10 years! The suggested dosage is 1/4 teaspoon. Personally, it’s hard for me to recommend. You probably have to try trial and error. For me, 1/2 teaspoon daily are just right. 1 teaspoon tend to cause overstimulation for me. It can be hard to guage properly what is 1/4 teaspoon so you might take too little or too much. Taking it too close to sleeping time also makes it difficult to fall asleep. Exercising is a lot easier and my timing for running has definitely improved a lot. Weight maintenance is much easier as you get the energy to go for more workouts. I think the only downside of Acetyl L-Carnitine is that once you get so used to the benefits, you will feel very sluggish and more tired if you stop taking it. However, this is no reason to stop taking! The supplement do not contain many flow agents or binders etc. As for the taste, it is fairly neutral and due to the small amount, it won't probably taste it. The powder will cake some time after opening so it's best to keep in the refrigerator. Check out my page for more reviews!

Feel more focused

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Most supplements I don't feel any difference. This is different. Feels like my brain processes on an even higher level!

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I could feel an uplift in mood as soon as I drank 1/4 teaspoon of the Acetyl-L-Carnitine powder. You may want to do what I'm experimenting with, which is to take between 1/8 and 1/4 teaspoon several times a day, as some clinical trials show that Acetyl-L-Carnitine does not have much "staying power" (only about 30 minutes) inside the body. The fact that my mood improved while taking this product bears out clinical studies showing that people who are fatigued and depressed are simply brain-starved for some amino acids.

Easy to use in a smoothie, and it makes a difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I do feel a difference in mental sharpness when taking this supplement. It's very easy to add to my morning smoothie, no distracting flavors at all. Very economical!

Memory booster plus...

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Hard to forget anything even if you want to! Also, big improvement in speed of reading, speed of learning and speed of reaction. Best value for money.

Good stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Helps with my mental clarity and focus. Since using this product I have greatly reduced my coffee consumption.

Good Stuff...

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've noticed an increase in energy and stamina with my workouts. I mix two 1/4 teaspoons in my juice at breakfast. If I take more than this, I feel too jittery - Having or feeling a nervous unease. I have IBS-d and I have noticed an improvement in my bowel movements (fewer movements and more solid), less anxiety attacks, less depression and better sleep. I take two pills of Pancreatin, High Potency, 4x 500 mg with each meal. I also take one 500 mg pill of Bromelain with all meals, 100 - 200 mg of 5-HTP with all meals, two 1/4 Teaspoons of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, only with breakfast and one Gr8-Dophilus with all meals. I also drink 1/2 tablespoon of Pure Planet Green Kamut Wheatgrass in 6 oz of water twice a day, one hour before each meal. I buy all of this from iherb. Great prices and fast shipping.

Repeat order, good energy release

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take 1/4 teaspoon in the morning and notice higher overall energy level without dependency on coffein. Better bicycling power, less strain and fatigue.