Gave me horrible cyst-like acne all over my face...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

after only a few days of use. I had a perfect complexion before this. 2 weeks later and I still am trying to get the acne to go away. I will probably need to do a juice fast to get this out of my system.

Best of Natural Beauty Winner - Better Nutrition Magazine

Posted by My-Review-Page on Apr 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

One of my relatives has been taking collagen for a few months. I noticed that she has fewer wrinkles on her face and her skin is smoother. She is also taking WHOLEFOOD vitamin C (the New Beauty Secret) which increases production of collagen (and hyaluronic acid) in skin. The product numbers of some of the WHOLEFOOD vitamin C supplements I recommend are: HFC-00020, GOL-11655, NCR-00631, and NOW-00706. But please don’t waste your money on topical collagen at it is too big to be absorbed through the pores in your skin.

Neocell for Action Tremor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I order Neocell Super Collagen Type 1 & 3 for my dad. He is 75 years old. He has action tremor effecting in his hands for many years. After taking this product for one month, we can see his hands were shaking less. After 3 months, the shaking was significantly improved until some relatives who had not seen him for a while asked what medicine he have been taking to reduce the tremor. Now he still takes Neocell once a day mixed with vitamin C in a glass of water as a supplement to his daily medication. Thanks to iHerb for reliable ordering system and shipping the products to Thailand.

Yucky, Clumpy, Mostly Pointless

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff was very clumpy and hard to dissolve in addition to having such a bad taste I ended up throwing half of it away after spending days of struggling to take it. I bought this stuff a long time ago. I know better now - the irony is I wasted my money since I was borderline protein deficient so buying a protein powder supp. would have been just as good. I could have also bought more micronutrients that help build collagen and/or make you look better (i.e. 5,000mcg biotin, bio-available silicon... but not vitamin C unless eating lots of carbs since our body's uric acid does the same thing)... and of course to protect your collagen not eating evolutionary excessive amounts of carbs/PUFAs that cause A.G.E.s that damage collagen, nor eating too many neolithic foods & fixing an omega-6:3 imbalance with some intermitten fasting thrown in to get rid of the junk proteins in your cells (in other words, following a paleolithic diet) also protects your collagen.

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I would say overnight, you could feel the difference -- soft hair, softer and smoother complexion. After about a week, I also noticed how it relieved any joint pain from exercising as I recovered from my workouts faster/sooner. I'm 40 and am an avid jogger. I am using this product every day now religiously. It made my hair grow faster, shiny and my skin feel supple and softer. About a few weeks into it, it lifted the saggier skin in my stomach that no amount of exercise would tighten and gave my breasts a slight lift/firmer.

Didn't work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I really wanted this to work for my acned skin. I diligently took this daily with orange juice on an empty stomach for 3 months, but unfortunately didn't notice any positive results. I didn't care for the taste at all. The powder is difficult to dissolve, so I mixed it with 1/3 cup of hot water until the water became clear, then added orange juice to it. For me, drinking warm orange juice was better than tasting the collagen. While I was taking this I developed even worse cystic acne. It's been about 1 month since taking this and my cystic acne is starting to subside. I hope it works for you.

NeoCell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I started taking the collagen powder to help couteract hair loss from prescription drugs. I noticed a change. It helps a lot. I take it with kombucha tea and liquid vitamin C. It's also great for nails as well. Highly recommend for hair loss.

✓✓✓

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Tried this after reading the great reviews. This stuff is a miracle! I'm an eczema sufferer whose skin is ALWAYS dry and rough. Even moisturiser seems to just disappear on me. I started taking this perhaps a month ago now and it is incredible how much my skin has changed. Its SO SMOOTH! And, it's like a have a baby's bottom! Ahahaha. I've noticed my nails are firmer/healthier too. I'm saying this and I'm a guy but its really changed my complexion and dry/rough skin. I mix mine with Vit C powder and Stevia so it doesn't taste like the 'chicken bone stock' that it does on its own.. On my second tub now :-)

Supple Skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had a persistent problem with scaly, peeling dry skin on my legs and no matter how much shea butter or other natural oils I used to moisturize the skin, the dryness wouldn't go away. This problem made my skin appear ashy and it was embarassing. After taking the Neocell Labs collagen for no more than a week (on an empty stomach before going to bed at night) the dryness is GONE and my skin (from head to toe) has never been so soft. I'm amazed.

Increased bowel movement, super cheap!! Keeps me a bit awake though.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is only about 3/4 the price of a very popular japanese brand (meiji collagen) and at higher dosage of collagen (6600mg vs 5000mg)!!!! The first time I took it, I needed to poop shortly after. I noticed increased bowel movement (that's good for me!). The skin on my arms seems more taut, smooth and radiant by 3rd or 4th day. It's only the 4th day and maybe it's too early to see any difference, but I did not think my face is more radiant. Funny thing is many people wrote that they slept better with this product, but I wake super early like 4.30am and feels energetic! I don't really mind cos I suppose I can do more work but might not work for everyone...Will wanna reorder!